08 May 2011

Going To The Birds



My very favorite place to spend a spring-time Sunday morning is on the patio in my backyard, where the birdsong is exquisitely varied and sung at a pitch that is awe-inspiring.  I've often thought I should bring my camera with me.  Today I did.



Female Cardinal




Male Cardinal




A Pair




Red-Headed Woodpecker




Female Purple Finch




Brown Thrasher




Robin Red Breast



Blue Jay


And, my very favorite.  They live here year-round and still, they take my breath away.




"...I'll come flying through your door, and you'll know what love is for.  I'm a Bluebird.  I'm a Bluebird."




"...Touch your lips with a magic kiss, and you'll be a Bluebird, too..."




"...and at last we will be free.  You're a Bluebird.  You're a Bluebird."




"We're living in the trees, and we're flying in the breeze.  We're the Bluebirds.  We're the Bluebirds."


Lyrics taken from "Bluebird" by Paul McCartney

© Copyright 2007-2011 Stacye Carroll All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

Lance M Hillier Sr said...

Great shots the bird life in your backyard, Stacye. Thanks for sharing, love your 'eye', and oh, Happy Mother's Day... your children are blessed to have a moral, bright, artistic, creative mother who communicates well... Agape, Moi

Lauri said...

How cool is that? All this entertainment, right in your own backyard. :-)

You are good with the camera Stacye. :-)